Monday, June 30, 2014

The Backstory


First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lauren Brown. I'm an assistant pastor's wife, stay-at-home-mom, and blogger. The two cuties you see in this post are my little girls (often referred to as the chickadees) - Caroline (2.5) and Riley (4.5). Let's just be honest, you're going to be seeing a lot more of their pretty little faces than you are mine. 

Some of you may know me from my popular crochet blog, Daisy Cottage Designs. After toying around with the idea of making that into a more eclectic site, I've decided to start an entirely separate blog rather than overwhelming my current readers with topics they're not interested in. 

While I definitely love my chaotic life, there are some things that I need to change. I need to organize better, cook more, and do exciting projects with my kids. I'm planning on chronicling those things here on this new blog - maybe it will hold me accountable. Maybe some other moms will be able to relate to me and realize they're not alone. I will not always post perfectly edited pictures; I'm not going to present an immaculate house when it really looks like a tornado hit. This is going to be a glimpse into my real life (hopefully my mom and mother-in-law won't find this... jk) - the good, the bad, and the ugly. 

Enjoy the ride, friends. 

1 comment: