Wednesday, July 2, 2014

See Ya Later, Crib!


David and I have been talking about switching Caroline into a "big girl bed" for months (Riley made the switch at about 20 months). We're in the very slow process of adding on to our home. With the changes, Caroline and Riley will be switching bedrooms. In an attempt to minimize furniture disassembly and rearranging, we thought we'd keep Caroline in the crib until the switch was made. Since it was taking longer than anticipated, we decided we couldn't keep waiting. 

This evening, David, along with some adorable helpers, took the side off of Caroline's crib (essentially making it a toddler bed). It looks adorable, and she's very excited. 

We'll see if she stays in it tonight. Riley didn't get out of her bed one time when we made the transition to her twin bed. I'm hoping Caroline follows in her big sister's footsteps. 

When did you make the transition from crib to "big kid bed"?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog and beautiful babies! My youngest is 2 1/2 and still in a crib. I think I will wait a couple more months. I'm dreading the switch, lol! Good luck with things :)

    ReplyDelete